Restore your smile and oral health by getting dental care services in Asheville, NC
Dr. Christopher Port and his team at Asheville Smile Center in Asheville, NC offer a gentle approach to a healthy smile through a wide range of dental services. Dr. Port provides a compassionate and committed approach to general & family dental care services.
General & Family Dentistry
If you are looking for a comfortable and inviting atmosphere that provides you with cutting edge technology in pursuit of general oral health for both yourself and your family, Asheville Smile Center is the choice for you. Dr. Port and his team provide the care, information, and advice necessary for you to make informed decisions regarding your family’s oral health. They want to be with you and your family as you progress through life. From your children’s very earliest years and through your maturing years, Dr. Port wants to be there for you in both routine oral maintenance as well as to treat any dental issues you will encounter throughout your years.
Children will love coming into Asheville Smile Center too! Approximately 10 to 15 percent of patients that receive treatment are under the age of 18. It’s normally suggested to make your child’s first dental appointment when they reach 1 year of age or when their first tooth erupts. In addition to examinations, education is a big part of what is provided to promote a positive dental roadmap for your kids. They want you to feel like part of their family!
Dr. Port’s prime concern is restoring and maintaining your oral health. Once you have a healthy smile, his work is not done. It’s very important that you follow a path that allows you to maintain your gorgeous smile. This is accomplished through regular visits. Asheville Smile Center employs skilled hygienists who provide individualized treatment in the following areas:
- Cleaning – It’s important to regularly remove plaque and tartar from hard to reach areas. This includes areas below the gum line as well as in pits/fissures of your teeth
- Polishing – If you have any stains or rough tooth surface that you’d like removed, please let the team know and they will work with you on regaining your whitest smile
- Education – If you are unsure or need a better understanding in how to maintain your oral health, they will work with (not lecture) you in developing healthy everyday habits and can discuss any concerns you may have
- Exam – Even if you believe that you have healthy teeth and gums, you should still come in and allow the team to give you an oral exam using top of the line equipment and technology to detect any problems at the very earliest stages
Restorative & Cosmetic Treatments
Whether you are feeling like you want to revitalize your smile or if you are having a dental issue that requires immediate attention, Dr. Port and his team offer a wide range of services that will have you showing off your sparkling white smile again in no time!
- Teeth Whitening – This is often a patient’s gateway into cosmetic dentistry. The whitening process is fast & convenient, and you will be provided with custom whitening trays at no cost
- Veneers – One of the most popular dental treatments available, veneers can cover stains, lighten up dark teeth, close gaps, correct the appearance of crooked teeth and much more
- Dental Crowns – sometimes called a “cap”, a crown will be custom fitted for the affected tooth and will restore the size and shape of your damaged tooth or correct a cosmetic flaw
- Dental Bridge – This is a fixed restoration that can replace single or multiple teeth. The process is streamlined and convenient to restore chewing efficiency, eliminate gaps in your smile and prevent teeth from shifting towards open space
- Dental Implants – If you’ve lost one or several teeth, not only the appearance, but the shape and function of your mouth can be affected as well. This can cause a change in your facial symmetry, cause chewing issues and lead to degeneration of other teeth. If you are going through this, a dental implant may be right for you. You may need a single implant (if missing just a single tooth) topped with a personalized cosmetic crown or several implants which can support a full denture plate
- Invisalign – Dr. Port has been recognized as an Invisalign preferred provider. If you need properly aligned teeth, please call and schedule an appointment for a consultation
Your teeth are not the only important component of healthy oral care. Your gums are just as important and can develop periodontal disease if not properly cared for. Also called gum disease, it is an infection of the tissue surrounding your teeth. It can lead to inflammation, a separation of the tissue from the tooth which can leave you with pockets that catch extra plaque and bacteria, and lead to infection.
Signs of periodontal disease to look for include:
- Loose teeth
- Bleeding gums
- Consistent bad breath
- Tender or discolored gums
Dr. Port and his team will work with you in developing a personalized treatment plan that works for you.
Dr. Port is trained in The Denture Fountain of Youth technique. As patients lose their teeth and need dentures, many dentists just can’t make dentures well. This can result in dentures that don’t fit well, are unattractive and don’t have a bite that lines up properly.
A primary function of natural teeth is not only to allow us to have a proper chew but to help our face keep its proper shape. With the way traditional dentures are made, this is not considered very well and can result in the patient’s face being shorter and more sunken in.
The Denture Fountain of Youth helps address these issues and is there to provide a solution for these common issues.
If your wisdom teeth have become impacted and are causing you pain and/or infection, some or all of these may need to be removed. It’s estimated that up to 85% of wisdom teeth will become impacted. This can cause additional issues such as tooth decay and gum disease due to overcrowding. Regular visits can catch this before it happens, so you can take a proactive, and not reactive, approach.
Dr. Port is here to help you address problems related to sleep apnea, which can be preventing you from taking in a full night of deep sleep. Asheville Smile Center can help you without having to use a bulky CPAP machine. Dr. Port can fabricate oral appliances for a variety of concerns related to sleep apnea. These include dentures, retainers, and appliances that can help hold the patient’s lower jaw forward so that the patient’s airway is not being pinched off.Back to Complete Dental Care Page