Asheville NC parents relieved to know an emergency dentist is available for the whole family
If you have children, you know that at some point you will find yourself with an emergency on your hands. Many of those emergencies involve your child’s mouth and teeth. Dr. Christopher Port and our team at Asheville Smile Center, in Asheville NC, want you to know that we are here when you need an emergency dentist. Our highly skilled staff provide a calm and caring environment to ease anxiety and fear, for both the child and the parent.
The most common emergencies:
- A chipped or broken tooth: Save any pieces. If there is any bleeding, gauze can be used to help stop the bleeding. Use a cold compress to relieve any pain associated with it until you can see us.
- Knocked out tooth: Do not hold by the root. Store the tooth in a small container with milk or water with a bit of salt. Then get to Dr. Port as soon as possible, if we can see you within an hour, there is a chance we can reinsert the tooth.
- Object caught between teeth: If it is impossible to remove it gently (using floss or a toothbrush), come in as soon as possible. Do not use any type of sharp instrument to try to remove it.
- Lost fillings: A piece of sugarless gum can be placed into the cavity (do not use gum with sugar as this will cause pain) until you can get to us for assistance.
- Toothaches: If your child has a toothache that is excruciating and has caused their mouth to swell, have them rinse with warm water. Then apply a cold compress to the outside of the cheek. Seek treatment as soon as possible.
We want our patients to know that when the worst happens, Asheville Smile Center is here for them. Call 828 585 4049.Back to Family Dentistry Page