The benefits of Invisible braces, as explained by an Arden, NC Invisalign Dentist
Do you wish you had a straighter smile?
For years, many patients opted out of orthodontic treatment to straighten their teeth because they didn’t want to spend years in uncomfortable metal braces. Perhaps they’d heard that braces required frequent trips to the dentist and a whole list of foods that they could no longer enjoy. Maybe they were older and didn’t like the way metal braces would impact their appearance. Regardless of the reason, many just let their problems go untreated.
All that changes now, thanks to Invisalign. With Invisalign treatment from your Arden, NC dentist, patients have a pathway to a straighter smile with discreet, comfortable treatment for their crooked teeth. Invisalign is effective at treating a wide range of orthodontic issues including:
- Crowding – When there is not enough room for your teeth to fit normally so they overlap, twist, or bunch up.
- Overbite – When upper front teeth overlap lower font teeth.
- Underbite – When lower front teeth overlap upper front teeth.
- Crossbite – When several upper teeth sit behind lower teeth.
- Gaps – When there are extra spaces or gaps between teeth.
While genuinely considered popular for its aesthetic appeal, Invisalign offers patients several benefits including:
- Comfort. Invisalign’s clear aligner trays are made of a soft, comfortable, BPA free plastic. Traditional wire braces can cause sores along the mouth for some patients, which can be painful.
- Convenient. Invisalign trays are removable. This allows patients the flexibility to take off the trays and enjoy all their favorite foods. Simply remove the aligner trays while eating and replace after thoroughly cleaning the teeth.
- Improved health. Tooth decay is a common problem after traditional braces because it is difficult to completely remove food debris from around the brackets. Invisalign’s removable aligners allow patients to properly clean their teeth and avoid dental problems.
- Fewer appointments. Patients with traditional braces may have to visit the dentist every four weeks. Invisalign requires patients only see Dr. Port every six weeks for a very brief visit.
The Invisalign treatment process
During the initial consultation for Invisalign, Dr. Port will examine the teeth and determine if Invisalign is the appropriate straightening treatment. While Invisalign can fix many orthodontic issues, there are some problems that may require traditional braces.
After the exam, digital scans are taken of your teeth. This allows your doctor to show you the future of your smile with Invisalign. These scans are then used by a dental laboratory for fabrication of your custom aligner trays. Your custom aligner trays will fit comfortably in your mouth and will be shaped for your unique gumline.
You will return to the office to receive your trays. We will check the fit of your aligner trays and answer any questions that you may have about treatment. You will then be sent home with instructions for how to care for your trays, when to remove them and when to switch to the next set of trays. Patients will need to return every six to eight weeks for a check-up to make sure that treatment is progressing properly.
Life with your Invisalign trays
The good news is that Invisalign trays are comfortable and designed to fit into your lifestyle with minimal disruption. The trays are virtually invisible, which means that many people may not even notice that you are undergoing treatment. It’s important to make sure that you wear the trays for about 20 to 22 hours each day to achieve the best results. Patients who take the trays off too frequently will not see the teeth straighten out as quickly or effectively.
Cleaning your aligners is simple and straightforward. You’ll need to brush them gently every evening and then rinse them off. A special Invisalign cleaner is available to keep your trays clear.
The total treatment time for Invisalign depends on the issues being treated. Most patients will see results within 12 to 18 months.
With the Invisalign braces system, you can have a straighter smile without the hassle of metal braces. If you are in the Arden, NC area, call the team at Asheville Smile Center today at 828 585 4049 to learn more about the benefits of Invisalign.Back to Invisalign Page