Both sides of treating teeth with porcelain veneers at our Asheville practice
Many people wonder how they can improve their smiles when they look in the mirror. The appearance of your smile is important. This singular feature has an enormous impact on interpersonal communication and affects how you view yourself. Creating a straighter, brighter, more attractive smile can be highly beneficial; even life changing. This process does not have to be complicated. Teeth treated with porcelain veneers look naturally beautiful, and are easy to care for. Your Asheville cosmetic dentist can help you love your smile, using porcelain veneers to hide imperfections.
Porcelain veneers are custom-designed shells, shaped and colored to blend with surrounding teeth as well as your complexion. These shells are bonded to the fronts of teeth, re-establishing the smile line in a most precise manner. This form of cosmetic treatment can subtly or dramatically alter the smile, correcting issues like worn down teeth, fractures, cracks or chips, mild misalignment, gaps, and uneven spacing.
In a thorough consultation, your dentist will listen to your smile concerns and discuss how veneers might meet your needs. In order to get a full picture of your situation, x-rays may be taken. Deciding whether porcelain veneers are right for you requires consideration of all aspects of the treatment.
- Porcelain veneers look very natural, with the same shiny, translucent effect as tooth enamel.
- Porcelain is stain resistant.
- Porcelain is not irritating to gum tissue.
- Porcelain veneers can be colored very specifically to match your existing teeth or brighten the entire smile.
- Veneers do not typically require extensive re-shaping of tooth structure for placement, like dental crowns. With just a bit of enamel removal, a porcelain veneer will offer a strong covering that lasts for five to ten years.
- A small amount of natural enamel must be removed in order to accommodate the thickness of veneers. Because of this, treatment with veneers cannot be reversed.
- A damaged veneer cannot be repaired, only replaced.
- Mild sensitivity to hot and cold temperatures may occur due to the removal of surface enamel.
- Cavities can still form in teeth treated with veneers.
- Veneers can crack or chip, so they may not be suitable for people who grind or clench their teeth.
With porcelain veneers, your smile can become everything you wish it to be. Just normal oral hygiene is needed to keep them clean and beautiful. Brushing and flossing decreases risk of cavities and gum disease, and thus preserves the viability of veneers. Our staff is here to answer your questions about the process and caring for veneers, to help you determine the suitability of this cosmetic treatment.
Love your smile! Contact Asheville Smile Center today for an appointment.Back to Porcelain Veneers Page