Types of Invisalign
Invisalign solves many types of alignment issues
At Asheville Smile Center, we know how important your healthy, beautiful, and confident smile is to you. Being self-conscious about teeth that are crooked, protruding, or misaligned, or that have noticeable gaps can diminish your desire to share your beautiful smile with those around you.
Perhaps you have wanted straighter teeth or proper alignment but have found the thought of lengthy orthodontic treatment unappealing. With the proven technology of Invisalign’s clear and comfortable alignment trays, you can achieve the smile of your dreams with virtually undetectable treatment. A series of removable plastic trays apply gentle and gradual pressure to move teeth into their desired position, typically over about 12 months. The clear trays fit securely over the teeth without obstructing a patient’s ability to speak and they may be removed at the patient’s convenience for brushing, flossing, or eating.
Invisalign can treat many types of alignment issues, including:
- Crooked or overcrowded teeth – sometimes teeth just don’t fit into the mouth correctly. Overcrowding can shift and twist teeth and lead to excessive plaque development, decay, and the risk of gum disease
- Wide gaps in between teeth – whether caused by shifting due to tooth loss or abnormal development of the jaw bone, gaps can be a cosmetic concern and can also leave areas of the gums exposed and vulnerable to periodontal disease
- Malocclusion and bite concerns, such as:
- Overbite or overjet – the upper teeth protrude over the lower teeth
- Underbite – the lower teeth extend beyond the upper teeth
- Crossbite – the upper and lower teeth and jaws do not fit together and bite down on the inside of the arch of teeth causing excessive wear and potential bone loss
- Open bite – improper genetic development or prolonged thumb-sucking can lead to an inability of the upper and lower teeth to make contact, leaving an open space between them
Versatile, discreet, comfortable, and efficient treatment with Invisalign can have you smiling again in less time than conventional braces. To find out more about Invisalign, contact Asheville Smile Center today. Request your appointment online or by calling us at 828 585 4049.Back to Invisalign Page