Maximizing Asheville dental care with at-home practice
When our patients visit our office, we have one goal - to help them reach their healthiest and most beautiful smiles using the most conservative form of treatment possible. It is our job to empower each patient, which we do through comprehensive examinations, professional cleaning, and restorative procedures, when warranted. Going a step further though, we also want to help you maximize the Asheville dental care
you receive by offering recommendations for at-home care. Since our patients visit us just twice a year, what they do at home is highly important.
We were all taught as young people that we should brush our teeth every day. For millions of adults, however, the principle behind daily brushing and flossing was completely overlooked in early teaching. As such, many people pay little attention to the effectiveness of their oral hygiene habits. We advise our Asheville
patients to approach dental care
with an eye to overall health.
Because what goes on in the mouth plays a pivotal role in general health, oral hygiene is one of the most important aspects of our well-being. Simply brushing once or twice a day does not make the impact we need it to. The American Dental Association recommends that brushing take place twice a day for two minutes each time. Taking only a minute or so to quickly brush teeth leaves room for bacteria to be missed, which poses great risk to teeth, gums, and the entire body.
Flossing banishes harmful bacteria from hiding places between teeth. Many adults, because they were not taught the idea behind brushing and flossing, believe that flossing is really only necessary when a small particle of food becomes stuck. On the contrary, both brushing and flossing are designed to wash away bacteria, as well as food.
More harmful than bits of food left behind on teeth, bacteria are living organisms that feed on whatever they find in the mouth. What eats also excretes. The waste produced by oral bacteria is toxic, containing acid that eats enamel, leaving small holes in the teeth. Thriving in the mouth, bacteria also weaken gum tissue, causing irritation and infection.
As a part of the Asheville dental care
provided in our office, our patients are carefully monitored for oral bacteria, and offered tips that will lead to better oral health. To begin today, ensure that your brushing and flossing habits are well in place, and then contact our office for your professional dental examination.
Back to Complete Dental Care Home Page
- Affordable Dental Services in Asheville NC - Dental team in Asheville, NC provides affordable services for the whole family
- Dentistry Services Near Me Arden - Dentistry services are available near me in the Arden area at Asheville Smile Center
- Complete Dental Care Dentist Hendersonville NC - Hendersonville, NC area dentist offers complete dental care services for improved oral health
- Arden Complete Dental Care Dentist - Arden area dentist encourages complete dental care at home
- Asheville Dental Care - Maximizing Asheville dental care with at-home practice
- Complete Dental Care Arden - Providing complete dental care to those from Arden and surrounding areas includes addressing sleep
- Quality Dental Care Hendersonville - Quality dental care for Hendersonville and surrounding area patients in times of need
- Complete Care Dental Arden NC - Helping your child feel complete confidence in the care from our dental office near Arden NC
- Total Dental Care Dentist in Asheville - Dentist in Asheville describes the benefits of total dental care