Helping your child feel complete confidence in the care from our dental office near Arden NC
We want all of our patients to have positive experiences at Asheville Smile Center. This ability begins with the earliest dental visits, of which some adults have struggled to get over. Dental anxiety, unfortunately, affects far too many people. We seek to make a complete
change by practicing gentle, compassionate care
in our dental
practice near Arden, NC
We typically begin seeing children by the time they are three or four years old, even earlier when they visit our office by tagging along during a parent's check-up. These early experiences are important to the formation of a child's opinion about dentistry. Allowing your child to see you receive pleasant dental care is just one way in which you can help him or her feel more comfortable with dental care.
Often, children do not meet their dentist until the time has come for their first check-up. Rather than assuming your child feels anxious about seeing the dentist, understand that the anxiety is more about the unknown. To increase your child's confidence and ease any stress related to dental care, you can:
- Express your own comfort with dentistry. When mom or dad is calm, the young patient follows suit. Harboring anxiety over dental care can carry over to your child. Take steps to increase your comfort if necessary, such as visiting our office and meeting our friendly, knowledgeable staff before the time of your child's appointment.
- Discuss dental visits with children briefly and without extensive detail. Children need to view their dentist as someone who helps keep their teeth healthy and free of pain. Telling your child that his or her dentist is going to look at all of their teeth is sufficient information, leaving the details up to us to disclose. We take special care to explain procedures to our young patients in terms they can understand.
- Children need to hear positive things about dental visits, pleasant stories about a parent or sibling's dental experiences. Children should not be led to assume that the dentist is a scary person, or that having teeth examined is painful. Maintaining a positive outlook allows your child to form his or her own opinion of the dentist based on personal experience.
Practicing excellent oral hygiene with your child on a daily basis facilitates better dental experiences. Through daily brushing and flossing, the instances of cavities are greatly decreased, leading to fewer dental procedures.
We help your family maintain excellent oral health. Contact us for your dental check-up today.
Back to Complete Dental Care Home Page
- Affordable Dental Services in Asheville NC - Dental team in Asheville, NC provides affordable services for the whole family
- Dentistry Services Near Me Arden - Dentistry services are available near me in the Arden area at Asheville Smile Center
- Complete Dental Care Dentist Hendersonville NC - Hendersonville, NC area dentist offers complete dental care services for improved oral health
- Arden Complete Dental Care Dentist - Arden area dentist encourages complete dental care at home
- Asheville Dental Care - Maximizing Asheville dental care with at-home practice
- Complete Dental Care Arden - Providing complete dental care to those from Arden and surrounding areas includes addressing sleep
- Quality Dental Care Hendersonville - Quality dental care for Hendersonville and surrounding area patients in times of need
- Complete Care Dental Arden NC - Helping your child feel complete confidence in the care from our dental office near Arden NC
- Total Dental Care Dentist in Asheville - Dentist in Asheville describes the benefits of total dental care