Dentist in Asheville describes the benefits of total dental care
Dr. Christopher Port is a dentist in Asheville who encourages his patients to maintain the health and beauty of their smile with total dental care. Oral health habits can improve the overall wellbeing of both the teeth and the body. Continued studies have shown evidence that the health of the smile can directly affect the health of the body. Oral infections can carry through the bloodstream and increase the chance of conditions such as low birth weights, strokes, heart disease, and diabetes. This is why his practice is focused on helping others in achieving and maintaining the results that they need to ensure their oral conditions does not affect their overall health.
Total dental care starts with regular visits to the dentist. During these biannual visits, patients can enjoy a thorough professional cleaning, x-rays, and a physical examination. If there are any concerns, patients are notified and are able to have treatments done to restore the health of the smile. Then, patients are educated on how to care for their teeth at home, which includes brushing and flossing after every meal. This can reduce the amount of plaque and tartar that develop and can reduce the risk of disease and decay.
Periodontal disease and tooth decay are the primary concerns when it comes to the health of the smile. Periodontal disease is a condition that cannot be reversed, so prevention is necessary to avoid development. Also known as gum disease, periodontal disease can wreak havoc on the smile. It can result in the loss of gum tissue, bone, and even natural teeth if left untreated. Once the condition has developed, it can only be controlled, not cured.
Additionally, patients should be careful to remove plaque and tartar from their teeth to reduce the risk of developing dental caries. Cavities, also called tooth decay, can ruin the structure of the natural teeth. When they reach the innermost portion of the tooth, called the dental pulp, they can cause an infection, which may require additional treatments such as root canal therapy to address. Cavities can also be painful and require fillings and protection when they become large.
Back to Complete Dental Care Home Page
- Affordable Dental Services in Asheville NC - Dental team in Asheville, NC provides affordable services for the whole family
- Dentistry Services Near Me Arden - Dentistry services are available near me in the Arden area at Asheville Smile Center
- Complete Dental Care Dentist Hendersonville NC - Hendersonville, NC area dentist offers complete dental care services for improved oral health
- Arden Complete Dental Care Dentist - Arden area dentist encourages complete dental care at home
- Asheville Dental Care - Maximizing Asheville dental care with at-home practice
- Complete Dental Care Arden - Providing complete dental care to those from Arden and surrounding areas includes addressing sleep
- Quality Dental Care Hendersonville - Quality dental care for Hendersonville and surrounding area patients in times of need
- Complete Care Dental Arden NC - Helping your child feel complete confidence in the care from our dental office near Arden NC
- Total Dental Care Dentist in Asheville - Dentist in Asheville describes the benefits of total dental care