Arden area dentist explains the differences between cosmetic dentistry vs general dentistry
At the Asheville Smile Center in the Arden area, we provide community patients with a wide range of services including preventative, cosmetic, and general dentistry. These are all different areas of dentistry that have specific focuses. Many questions are asked to the dental team at our office about the differences between cosmetic dentistry vs. general dentistry.
General dentistry encompasses treatments required for maintaining one's oral health. This often includes cleanings, examinations, x-rays, fillings, and periodontal disease therapies. These services are necessary for keeping the teeth, gums, and bones healthy over the course of one's life. General dentistry that is done to help in avoiding problems within the smile is also referred to as preventative dentistry, as these treatments can assist in reducing the likelihood of problems such as cavities and periodontal disease.
Cosmetic dentistry focuses on the aesthetics of the smile. While some general dentistry procedures may also be cosmetic in nature (for example, tooth-colored fillings and dental crowns), some procedures are done strictly for the aesthetic benefits. Cosmetic dentistry services may include:
- Teeth whitening/bleaching
- Orthodontics (Invisalign, Six Month Smiles)
- Dental bridges
- Porcelain veneers
Many cosmetic procedures are done to help patients look better and feel more confident about their appearance. They can be completed to help realign teeth, whiten teeth, replace teeth, or cover up trauma and breakage that may have occurred over time. Patients who are worried about the aesthetics of their smile can speak to a dentist who has training and experience in cosmetic procedures such as Dr. Christopher Port of the Asheville Smile Center.
Both general dentistry procedures and cosmetic dentistry services available at the Asheville Smile Center are done to assist patients in obtaining great oral health and a beautiful smile. We work with dental insurance plans to help make these treatments more affordable, and we offer several payment options including easy monthly installments for more expensive procedures, which may be difficult to pay upfront.
People in and around the Arden area are welcome to contact the Asheville Smile Center to learn more about the variety of services provided for patients of all ages in our state-of-the-art dental facility.
Back to Benefits of Cosmetic Dentistry Page
- Cosmetic Dentistry vs General Dentistry Arden - Arden area dentist explains the differences between cosmetic dentistry vs general dentistry
- Find a Cosmetic Dentist in Hendersonville - Residents in Hendersonville find a respected cosmetic dentist who brightens smiles
- Best Cosmetic Dentist Asheville - Feel your best with the help of your cosmetic dentist in Asheville
- Cosmetic Dentist Hendersonville - Life can change with the help of your cosmetic dentist in the Hendersonville area
- Improve Smile Hendersonville - Enjoy an improved smile with Hendersonville area dentist today!
- Cosmetic Dentist in Hendersonville - Even restorative care enhances the smile with your cosmetic dentist in the Hendersonville area
- Cosmetic Dentists in Arden - Cosmetic dentists in Arden promote healthy, beautiful smiles
| Back to Cosmetic Dentistry Home Page