Arden area dentist describes the different between dental bridges vs partial dentures
Patients missing one or more teeth have a number of options available to them when it comes to selecting the proper replacement. Patients in the Arden area are often faced with a choice between dental bridges vs. partial dentures. It is important for patients to consider which method of restoration is most appropriate for their needs and can help provide them with optimal oral health. Patients should also consider their current needs and their lifestyle to determine which restoration is best.
It is essential that patients understand that every tooth is vital to maintaining a beautiful smile that functions properly. Missing teeth can result in changes to the bite, speech, and the shape of the face. Patients should work with a professional such as Dr. Christopher Port of the Asheville Smile Center to determine which replacement option will provide better function and beauty based on their budget and their expectations.
When deciding between dental bridges vs. partial dentures, patients should consider how each would work with the existing teeth. While both fill the spaces from missing teeth, they function differently and require specific care and attention to maintain them for many years.
Partial dentures work by using the existing teeth to hold them in place. They are made with metal and acrylic and are removable. Patients must be educated on how to maintain them which includes insertion, removal, and cleaning. Dental bridges are a fixed appliance. They are made of porcelain and use crowns and false teeth (called pontics) to restore the smile for chewing and speaking efficiency. The teeth on each side act as a support for the false tooth. Bridges are cemented into place over the adjacent teeth and can only be removed by a dentist.
Choosing between dental bridges and partial dentures is a decision that can be made with the assistance of a quality dental team. Contact Asheville Smile Center today!
Back to Types of Dental Bridges Home Page
- Teeth Bridge Asheville - A seamless smile that includes a beautiful bridge is easy with your dentist in Asheville
- Tooth Bridge Hendersonville - Differences in a tooth crown and bridge from your dentist near Hendersonville
- Dental Bridges Types Hendersonville - Types of dental bridges for Hendersonville area patients
- Bridge Dental Work Hendersonville - Hendersonville area dentist describes dental bridges and explains how they work
- Dental Bridge Replacement Arden - Why Arden area patients may consider a dental bridge for replacement of a missing tooth
- Dental Bridges vs Partials Arden - Arden area dentist describes the different between dental bridges vs partial dentures
- North Carolina Tooth Bridge - Dental team in North Carolina explains how a bridge replaces a tooth
| Back to Crowns and Bridges Home Page