Restoring your smile with a customized dental crown in Asheville
In order for you to feel great about your smile, it may become necessary to address issues like tooth decay with more aggressive treatment. When a filling, inlay, or onlay is not suitable for the restoration of full function and aesthetic, Dr. Port may recommend treatment with a dental crown in Asheville
. Because it your smile and oral health that is affected by the type of dental crown used, we offer a variety of materials and techniques to fit your budget as well as your aesthetic needs.
A dental crown will completely cover a tooth that has sustained extensive damage from injury or decay. Many patients first look at the cost of a dental crown when considering which material is used. However, it is very beneficial to consider other important factors of a crown, like how long it will last and how well it will hold up against the pressures of chewing. By carefully considering such factors, you are assured to feel most confident in the investment you make into your smile.
Quite commonly, dental crowns are fabricated from some sort of metal alloy. This material is suitable for its strength. Gold, in particular, is especially recommended as a metal crown, specifically because it will outlast all other metals used in dental restorations. Many patients who have chosen gold crowns have never had to face replacement, whereas other metal alloys tend to last no more than 15 years. The issue with gold or any other metal dental crown in Asheville
is the way metal affects the smile. To meet our patients' aesthetic desires, we may use a porcelain-fused-to-metal crown, which offers the best of both worlds: strength and beauty.
Dr. Port also approaches dental crowns with your time in mind. For the standard dental crown in Asheville, at least two visits to our office are necessary. One in which the tooth is prepared, and one during which the permanent crown is placed. Incorporating CEREC technology into our practice, we are able to provide single-visit restorations that allow you to get back to your busy life.
CEREC dental crowns are fabricated using innovative technology right in our office, eliminating the need for a dental lab and lengthy wait time. Whether you need a single tooth restored or several, we can accomplish your restorations in just one visit. CEREC crowns are convenient, healthy alternatives for patients who prefer a more holistic approach to dental restorations. Using tooth-colored ceramic, Dr. Port gives teeth back the strength they need for full function without the use of any sort of metal or amalgam.
You deserve to feel great about your smile, and live free of pain caused by decay. Contact our office to restore your smile to its most healthy and beautiful state.
Back to Types of Dental Crowns Home Page
- How Long Do Crowns Last Arden NC - Patients in Arden, NC ask, "How long do crowns last?"
- Dental Crown Asheville - Restoring your smile with a customized dental crown in Asheville
- Difference Between Crown & Filling NC - Dental team in Asheville, NC explains the difference between a filling & a crown
- Crowns on Front Teeth Cost Arden - Well-known dentist in Arden explains the cost factors of crowns placed on front teeth
- Dental Crown Vs Filling Hendersonville - Hendersonville dentist describes the difference between dental crown vs filling
- Dental Crowns Teeth Hendersonville - How dental crowns can help protect the natural teeth of Hendersonville patients
- Dental Crowns Front Teeth Asheville - Asheville area patients ask if dental crowns can be used on the front teeth
| Back to Crowns and Bridges Home Page