Asheville area patients ask if dental crowns can be used on the front teeth
Restoring the smile can be done with the assistance of a quality cosmetic and restorative dentist such as Dr. Christopher Port of the Asheville Smile Center. His practice provides patients with the treatments they need to maintain a beautiful, fully functioning smile. One of the common restorations used to protect and maintain the natural tooth structure is dental crowns.
Dental crowns are porcelain restorations that are fabricated to cover natural teeth. They can also be used to create dental bridges (fusing them to a false tooth or "pontic") or to restore dental implants. They are primarily used for protecting teeth that have been broken, treated with root canal therapy, or those that have extremely large fillings that affect the integrity of the teeth. These restorations are extremely common and play an important role in dentistry.
Many patients who have had trauma on the front teeth may ask if dental crowns are appropriate. The anterior teeth may benefit from crowns in many situations, though if patients are attempting to cover breakage, they may be better suited for porcelain veneers. Veneers are very thin restorations that are bonded over the front of the natural tooth as a cosmetic enhancement.
Both veneers and dental crowns are used to repair a smile and can be considered for concerns on the front teeth. Both are provided to patients at the Asheville Smile Center and can be used for restorative or cosmetic treatment. Dental bonding may also be used in instances where patients are seeking an aesthetic repair.
To determine if patients will benefit more from a dental crown or a veneer, patients can speak with a dental professional of Asheville Smile Center to assist in making their decision. Dr. Christopher Port is here to help patients choose the best treatments for their specific needs, lifestyle, and budget.
Patients in and around the Asheville area are encouraged to speak with Dr. Christopher Port to learn more about the benefits of dental crowns and how they can restore and repair a smile after damage. Contact his team today to schedule a consultation visit.
Back to Types of Dental Crowns Home Page
- How Long Do Crowns Last Arden NC - Patients in Arden, NC ask, "How long do crowns last?"
- Dental Crown Asheville - Restoring your smile with a customized dental crown in Asheville
- Difference Between Crown & Filling NC - Dental team in Asheville, NC explains the difference between a filling & a crown
- Crowns on Front Teeth Cost Arden - Well-known dentist in Arden explains the cost factors of crowns placed on front teeth
- Dental Crown Vs Filling Hendersonville - Hendersonville dentist describes the difference between dental crown vs filling
- Dental Crowns Teeth Hendersonville - How dental crowns can help protect the natural teeth of Hendersonville patients
- Dental Crowns Front Teeth Asheville - Asheville area patients ask if dental crowns can be used on the front teeth
| Back to Crowns and Bridges Home Page