How dental crowns can help protect the natural teeth of Hendersonville patients
Restoring teeth after trauma, decay, or surgery is necessary to maintain a healthy smile. Oral health is incredibly important as it can help maintain one's overall health. It has been shown that oral bacteria can carry through the bloodstream and affect the rest of the body.
When problems arise, patients in the Hendersonville area may be introduced to the idea of placing dental crowns. Crowns are fabricated to cover teeth that have been broken or damaged. They are porcelain and are made based on impressions of prepared teeth. The entire process of receiving crowns may require a week or two of time and at least two dental appointments with Dr. Christopher Port.
Crowns can protect the natural teeth. They are often used in instances when the natural tooth structure has been affected. Extremely large fillings can reduce the integrity of the teeth. Root canal therapy can leave a tooth brittle. Teeth that are damaged may need to have a crown placed over them to protect them from further problems, which can result in the need for extraction. When repairing a natural tooth, dental crowns are often the restoration of choice and can last many years.
Crowns can also be used in instances of missing teeth. Crowns can be bonded to false teeth called pontics to create a dental bridge. They may also be made to cover dental implants to replace a single missing tooth. These versatile restorations can be an alternative to porcelain veneers, depending on the need.
Speaking to a dental professional such as Dr. Christopher Port of the Asheville Smile Center is the best way to determine if dental crowns are appropriate for your needs. If you live in or around Hendersonville, and you want to repair your smile, contact our team today. We can help you learn about the many methods of restoring the teeth and find which one best suits your lifestyle, budget, and needs.
Back to Types of Dental Crowns Home Page
- How Long Do Crowns Last Arden NC - Patients in Arden, NC ask, "How long do crowns last?"
- Dental Crown Asheville - Restoring your smile with a customized dental crown in Asheville
- Difference Between Crown & Filling NC - Dental team in Asheville, NC explains the difference between a filling & a crown
- Crowns on Front Teeth Cost Arden - Well-known dentist in Arden explains the cost factors of crowns placed on front teeth
- Dental Crown Vs Filling Hendersonville - Hendersonville dentist describes the difference between dental crown vs filling
- Dental Crowns Teeth Hendersonville - How dental crowns can help protect the natural teeth of Hendersonville patients
- Dental Crowns Front Teeth Asheville - Asheville area patients ask if dental crowns can be used on the front teeth
| Back to Crowns and Bridges Home Page