Patients in Arden, NC ask, "How long do crowns last?"
Crowns can protect and strengthen teeth in addition to adding beauty to the smile. Depending on the location of the affected teeth, crowns vary from metal alloy and gold to ceramic. Metal alloy crowns are strong and can be ideal for the back teeth. When the front teeth are damaged or severely decayed, ceramic crowns are natural looking solutions that can blend nicely with smiles. The Asheville Smile Center team knows the importance of crowns and benefits that can be enjoyed after treatment. Many of our patients in Arden, NC ask, "How long do crowns last?" With proper care such as brushing, flossing, and dental check-ups, crowns can last a decade or more.
Learning about the purposes of crowns
Crowns serve many purposes. They can hold together cracked teeth, prevent weak teeth from breaking, and protect severely worn down teeth. The shape, size, and color of teeth can be restored with crowns. In other procedures, crowns add the final touches to dental implant or root canal treatments. For bridge treatment, we place crowns on adjacent teeth to hold artificial teeth (pontics) and the appliances in place. Just as crowns have several roles in dentistry, they provide many benefits.
Understanding the advantages of crowns
One of the main benefits of crowns is their ability to restore health to the smile. We strive to provide the most conservative and affordable treatments. Therefore, crowns can be the ideal solution in many cases. When placed on damaged teeth, patients may avoid treatments such as root canals and tooth extractions. Always meeting the unique needs of patients, we provide two methods of crown treatment.
Exploring the options
After a single appointment, patients can walk away with crowns thanks to our utilization of CEREC (Chairside Economical Restorations of Esthetic Ceramic). Following tooth preparation and digital impressions, crowns are milled in our office. After checking the fit, size, and appearance of the crowns, we bond them to the teeth. In other cases, conventional crowns might be preferred. After preparing the teeth and taking impressions, we send the molds to a laboratory. Ceramists then fabricate the customized crowns.
It is critical to address a tooth issue before it becomes worse. Rest assured we take the time to tailor a treatment to meet your needs. To learn more about how crowns can restore the health and beauty to your smile, call Asheville Smile Center at (828) 585-4049 today.
Back to Types of Dental Crowns Home Page
- How Long Do Crowns Last Arden NC - Patients in Arden, NC ask, "How long do crowns last?"
- Dental Crown Asheville - Restoring your smile with a customized dental crown in Asheville
- Difference Between Crown & Filling NC - Dental team in Asheville, NC explains the difference between a filling & a crown
- Crowns on Front Teeth Cost Arden - Well-known dentist in Arden explains the cost factors of crowns placed on front teeth
- Dental Crown Vs Filling Hendersonville - Hendersonville dentist describes the difference between dental crown vs filling
- Dental Crowns Teeth Hendersonville - How dental crowns can help protect the natural teeth of Hendersonville patients
- Dental Crowns Front Teeth Asheville - Asheville area patients ask if dental crowns can be used on the front teeth
| Back to Crowns and Bridges Home Page