Dental team in North Carolina explains how a bridge replaces a tooth
Trauma, gum disease, and congenital absence is among the many reasons for suffering from tooth loss. The Asheville Smile Center in Asheville, North Carolina understands the woes that can come from tooth loss. We provide gentle care and various tooth replacement treatments including the bridge. We are happy to explain the purpose of the bridge and the benefits that can be enjoyed after treatment.
Learning about the bridge
A bridge contains an artificial tooth, also known as a pontic, which replaces a missing tooth. The appliance includes crowns, which are placed on adjacent teeth to anchor the bridge. Treatment can be ideal for replacing one tooth to a few teeth.
Considering bridge treatment
We recommend scheduling a consultation with one of our respected dentists, Dr. Christopher Port or Dr. Michael Hernandez, if you want to explore your candidacy for a bridge. At your appointment, your dentist will examine the health of your mouth, teeth and gums. He will review your medical history and ask you about your goals. The dentist will tailor a treatment plan to meet your needs if you are a candidate for treatment.
Understanding the procedure
For treatment, Dr. Port will make impressions of your mouth, which are used to customize your bridge. Proper post care instructions will be provided to ensure you can keep the bridge in excellent condition. These will include maintaining your oral health by brushing at least twice a day, flossing before bedtime, and visiting our team at least biannually for check-ups.
Choosing a restoration with long lasting results
With proper care, your bridge can last a decade or more. There are several benefits of a bridge including restoring the ability to pronounce certain words properly. Enhancing the smile can boost self-esteem and increase confidence. You may feel more inclined to laugh and socialize. We encourage you to smile as often as you can because it can contribute to feeling better. Smiling releases endorphins which naturally boost your mood.
Do you want to know if bridge treatment is right for you? We would love to talk with you during a consultation. Schedule yours by calling (828) 585-4049 today.
Back to Types of Dental Bridges Home Page
- Teeth Bridge Asheville - A seamless smile that includes a beautiful bridge is easy with your dentist in Asheville
- Tooth Bridge Hendersonville - Differences in a tooth crown and bridge from your dentist near Hendersonville
- Dental Bridges Types Hendersonville - Types of dental bridges for Hendersonville area patients
- Bridge Dental Work Hendersonville - Hendersonville area dentist describes dental bridges and explains how they work
- Dental Bridge Replacement Arden - Why Arden area patients may consider a dental bridge for replacement of a missing tooth
- Dental Bridges vs Partials Arden - Arden area dentist describes the different between dental bridges vs partial dentures
- North Carolina Tooth Bridge - Dental team in North Carolina explains how a bridge replaces a tooth
| Back to Crowns and Bridges Home Page