Dental bridges have been a common restorative dental treatment for many decades. The purpose of a well-built dental bridge is to replace one or more missing teeth, adeptly restoring both functionality and beauty to the smile. Through the replacement of missing teeth with a dental bridge, comfortable, efficient chewing is achieved, and the cheeks remain properly supported by dentition. The entire smile benefits from a custom dental bridge, and Asheville Smile Center is happy to provide this option for tooth replacement.
The Asheville Smile Center team is dedicated to helping our patients enjoy their healthiest, most attractive smiles. When tooth loss is an issue we need to address, Dr. Port is detailed in his discussion of the various types of dental bridges so the decision for treatment becomes easy.
A common choice among patients, the traditional bridge is a type of fixed bridge that is affixed to the two teeth adjacent to a gap via dental crowns. This type of bridge is made in a dental lab using high quality materials that mimic the natural appearance of tooth enamel. Between the two dental crowns is an artificial tooth capable of handling the force of chewing.
Sometimes, the missing tooth does not lie between two natural teeth. In this instance, a cantilever bridge may be the best treatment option. A cantilever bridge may still have two dental crowns, but they will be situated right next to each other with the artificial tooth on one end.
Maryland bonded bridges
A Maryland bridge is another type of fixed bridge. This bridge is made of acrylic and resin and restores a natural appearance when affixed to adjacent teeth via metal framework.
Dental bridges remain an outstanding choice for the replacement of one or more teeth. In a consultation with Dr. Port, patients receive an in-depth assessment and examination that enables us to best determine dental needs. It is our priority to provide individual patients with solutions that work for their unique needs, which is why several options in bridges may be found at Asheville Smile Center.
Your smile can benefit from customized dental care. Contact our office in Arden, NC for your visit.
Back to Crowns and Bridges Home Page
- Teeth Bridge Asheville - A seamless smile that includes a beautiful bridge is easy with your dentist in Asheville
- Tooth Bridge Hendersonville - Differences in a tooth crown and bridge from your dentist near Hendersonville
- Dental Bridges Types Hendersonville - Types of dental bridges for Hendersonville area patients
- Bridge Dental Work Hendersonville - Hendersonville area dentist describes dental bridges and explains how they work
- Dental Bridge Replacement Arden - Why Arden area patients may consider a dental bridge for replacement of a missing tooth
- Dental Bridges vs Partials Arden - Arden area dentist describes the different between dental bridges vs partial dentures
- North Carolina Tooth Bridge - Dental team in North Carolina explains how a bridge replaces a tooth