Top 7 ways Invisalign may surprise you
Asheville Smile Center offers a full range of dental treatments needed to keep your smiling looking good and feeling even better. If you are dissatisfied with misalignment, turning, gaps, and slight bite issues that affect the front teeth, visit our office near Hendersonville to learn more about discreet, comfortable Invisalign treatment. There are several aspects to treatment that may surprise you.
- Consistent wear is a must. To straighten teeth with conventional braces, brackets and wires are affixed to your teeth 24/7. While Invisalign aligners are removable, it is necessary to wear them 22 hours a day for successful, efficient straightening.
- Nearly invisible, but not undetectable. Most people will never know you are wearing aligners, at least not by looking at you. However, it is possible that your speech may change slightly. Patients usually adapt quickly, and the minor lisp that occurs from the tongue coming into contact with aligners rather than teeth is temporary.
- Everyone is different. Invisalign is an excellent method of straightening crooked teeth and closing gaps. However, there are certain orthodontic issues that are still best handled with braces.
- You will love your travel toothbrush. Although many sites say that you can just rinse your mouth and aligners after meals, there really isn't anything better than a quick brushing to keep teeth clean and breath fresh.
- Rethink your drink. Each set of aligners is worn for a two-week interval. However, it is important to know that if a drink can stain your teeth, it can also stain your aligners. Avid coffee drinkers may need to enjoy a cup or two, then replace aligners, rather than sipping throughout the morning.
- Invisalign for a slimmer waist? Some people notice a sweet little side effect from Invisalign – they drop a few pounds! This is because snacking is not as easy when you have to remove aligners, hurry your pleasurable snack, and brush afterward.
- No toothpaste needed to clean aligners. In fact, you should avoid brushing aligners with toothpaste. The abrasive particles can leave grooves which encourages a build-up of plaque, and in turn, creates an unpleasant odor and yellow hue on your trays.
Of all the details of Invisalign, one that stands out is that going through treatment is totally worth it
. Patients who complete this program feel more confident in their appearance
and enjoy improved oral health
. Is it your time to address misalignment? Call Asheville Smile Center at (828) 585-4049.
Back to Types of Invisalign Home Page
- Hendersonville Invisalign - Top 7 ways Invisalign may surprise you
- Invisalign Effectiveness Vs. Braces in Asheville - Invisalign vs. traditional metal braces: Dentist in Asheville explains the effectiveness of each orthodontic treatment
- Methods of Straightening Teeth Arden - Arden patients learn about methods of straightening teeth
- Invisalign vs. Braces Hendersonville - Hendersonville area dentist describes Invisalign vs. traditional braces
- Types of Braces Asheville - Various types of dental issues successfully addressed without braces! Details in Invisalign in Asheville
|Back to Invisalign Home Page