How Invisalign braces from our office near Hendersonville correct smile issues
Historically, straightening teeth meant two or more years with metal brackets either wrapped around teeth, or cemented to the front of the teeth. Through these brackets, a metal wire spanned all the way around the arch. Every few weeks, this wire would be tightened to maintain pressure on the periodontal ligament, moving teeth gradually.
Fortunately, the demands of orthodontic patients have been heard, and innovative orthodontia has been designed for today's patient. The developments that have occurred over the past several years are allowing more people to undergo treatment in a way that is comfortable for them. Invisalign
is more than braces
. In our practice near Hendersonville
, we have seen a greater degree of acceptance of orthodontic treatment thanks to this system. Invisalign is based on custom-designed aligner trays, which are made in a specialized laboratory to move teeth gradually. The first set of trays closely matches the existing position of the teeth, based on 3-D imaging. Each set of aligner trays sent to us from the Invisalign lab will be worn for a period of about two weeks, removed only for meals and oral hygiene. Every two weeks, instead of heading to the orthodontist to have wires tightened, aligner trays are simply switched for the next set in the series. Each progression moves teeth closer to their intended position.
Invisalign is attractive for a number of reasons. Dentists like this system because they are able to help more people obtain healthier, more attractive smiles. Patients are more apt to visit the dentist for teeth straightening when they have the option to undergo such a discreet form of treatment. Indeed, Invisalign barely impacts your daily life. Because aligners can be removed, you can continue to enjoy your favorite foods, and have the ability to keep teeth and gums in optimal health.
Whether you enter a classroom each day, or a boardroom, you want to feel confident in your appearance. Invisalign can enhance your smile and facilitate better oral health. We can help you determine if Invisalign is right for you. Contact Asheville Smile Center for your consultation appointment today.
Back to Benefits of Invisalign Home Page
- Realigning Teeth with Invisalign Asheville NC - Realigning teeth with Invisalign in Asheville, NC
- Is Invisalign Effective in Asheville - Patients in Asheville ask, "Is Invisalign effective?"
- Does Invisalign Straighten Teeth Arden - Arden patients ask, “Does Invisalign straighten teeth?”
- Straight Teeth with Invisalign Arden - How Arden area patients can achieve straight teeth with Invisalign
- Invisalign Arden - Invisalign near Arden a clear choice for a more beautiful smile
- Invisalign Braces Hendersonville - How Invisalign braces from our office near Hendersonville correct smile issues
| Back to Invisalign Home Page