Patients in Hendersonville, NC learn what to do when there is a crack in a dental filling
A dental filling can wear away, chip, or crack due to constant pressure from chewing. Therefore, it is critical to schedule and keep dental check-ups so fillings as well as other restorations can be checked and any weaknesses can be identified. If there is a crack in a dental filling, there are treatments available at Asheville Smile Center. A porcelain veneer may be ideal for restoring the tooth. When the crack is severe and damage is significant, we may recommend a crown to patients in Hendersonville, NC and beyond.
It is critical to address a cracked filling because there is a higher risk of developing additional decay. Left untreated, the decay can progress to infection. An abscess, toothache, tender or swollen gums, and sensitivity to hot or cold foods or beverages are signs of infection.
A porcelain veneer is a wafer thin shell placed over a tooth that is damaged, severely discolored, uneven, or misshapen. Our veneers are fabricated at a quality laboratory before they are permanently bonded to the teeth. A patient can walk away with a porcelain veneer after typically just two appointments. If the filling is large or the recurrent decay is extensive, we may recommend a crown. This restoration is used to protect and strengthen the tooth from further decay or damage. A crown is a "cap" placed over the tooth. We offer gold, metal alloy, and porcelain crowns. We also offer same-day crowns through the utilization of CEREC technology.
If you have a damaged filling, we recommend scheduling an appointment with one of our dentists. The doctor will examine the extent of damage before determining the right treatment for you. Then, a plan will be tailored to meet your individual needs. With veneer or crown treatment, you can count on a newfound confidence about your smile. A porcelain veneer or crown can last many years with excellent oral hygiene habits.
A damaged filling can affect the health and beauty of your smile. The Asheville Smile Center team would love to be your partner in achieving optimal oral health. Schedule an appointment by calling (828) 585-4049.
Back to Porcelain Veneers Home Page
- Broken Veneer Arden NC - Can your broken tooth be repaired with a lifelike veneer from your Arden, NC dentist?
- Crack Filling Hendersonville NC - Patients in Hendersonville, NC learn what to do when there is a crack in a dental filling
- Are Veneers Worth It NC - Dental team in Arden, NC explains why veneers are worth it
- Do Veneers Hurt Hendersonville - Patients in Hendersonville ask, "Do veneers hurt?"
- Porcelain Dental Veneers Hendersonville - Porcelain dental veneers solve a variety of problems for Hendersonville area patients
- Teeth Porcelain Veneers Asheville - Both sides of treating teeth with porcelain veneers at our Asheville practice