Patients in Hendersonville ask, "Do veneers hurt?"
Veneers are beautiful, wafer thin shells that can restore beauty to the smile. At Asheville Smile Center, we place veneers on gapped, misaligned, discolored, and misshapen teeth. Veneers can close gaps between teeth, deliver a straighter looking smile, brighten teeth, and ensure perfectly shaped teeth. Many patients in Hendersonville will ask, "Do veneers hurt?" The answer is, "no," but we are happy to explain what can be expected throughout a treatment we strive to make as comfortable as possible.
The first step toward attaining the smile of your dreams is scheduling a consultation with one of our dentists. Dr. Christopher Port or Dr. Michael Hernandez will ask you about your smile goals, review your medical history, and thoroughly examine your mouth, teeth, and gums. If you are a candidate for a veneer, the dentist will tailor a treatment plan to meet your needs. Impressions are taken and sent to a dental laboratory.
Before the procedure, the dentist can offer mild sedation to ensure relaxation. In addition, the doctor will administer local anesthetic to numb the affected area so there is no pain or discomfort. During the procedure, the tooth will be minimally prepared so the veneer fits precisely. A temporary veneer will be placed until the customized veneer is fabricated at a dental laboratory. After the customized veneer arrives, the tooth can be anesthetized to ensure comfort during the second stage of the procedure. The temporary veneer is removed and the customized veneer is permanently bonded to the tooth. The result can be a natural looking restoration that blends nicely with the smile.
After the placement of the veneer, the tooth may be sensitive. We may recommend an over-the-counter pain reliever to provide relief from any discomfort. We also will provide instructions for maintaining the longevity of the veneer including maintaining oral hygiene practices such as brushing, flossing, and dental check-ups. With proper care, the veneer can last up to a decade or more.
Do you want to transform your smile with veneer treatment? We would love to talk with you during a consultation. Schedule your appointment by calling (828) 585-4049 today.
Back to Porcelain Veneers Home Page
- Broken Veneer Arden NC - Can your broken tooth be repaired with a lifelike veneer from your Arden, NC dentist?
- Crack Filling Hendersonville NC - Patients in Hendersonville, NC learn what to do when there is a crack in a dental filling
- Are Veneers Worth It NC - Dental team in Arden, NC explains why veneers are worth it
- Do Veneers Hurt Hendersonville - Patients in Hendersonville ask, "Do veneers hurt?"
- Porcelain Dental Veneers Hendersonville - Porcelain dental veneers solve a variety of problems for Hendersonville area patients
- Teeth Porcelain Veneers Asheville - Both sides of treating teeth with porcelain veneers at our Asheville practice