Asheville area dentist answers the question, "How long do veneers last?"
Porcelain veneers are one of many common restorations used by the team at the Asheville Smile Center to address imperfections. Dr. Christopher Port often recommends them over alternative solutions such as composite resin bonding, orthodontics, or crowns, because they are beautiful, effective, and long lasting.
How long do veneers last? The longevity of porcelain veneers depends on how well patients take care of their smiles. One of the advantages of porcelain veneers is their durability. Porcelain is a ceramic material well known not only for its beauty, but also its strength, which is why it is commonly used in cosmetic dentistry. Porcelain veneers are custom-made based on impressions of the prepared teeth and the color of the existing smile to match the color, shape, size, and alignment of the rest of the teeth.
Dr. Christopher Port often speaks to patients about the longevity of porcelain veneers when patients are deciding on which option to choose for repairing and rejuvenating their smiles. Porcelain veneers are made to handle everyday wear and tear, including chewing, biting, and speaking. With proper care, patients can expect these restorations to last one or two decades. They last longer than alternatives such as dental bonding, which typically needs to be replaced every few years and may stain, which makes it look less attractive over time.
There are situations where patients may experience a reduced lifespan for their porcelain veneers. Patients who suffer from bruxism may clench and grind their teeth while they sleep, putting pressure on their veneers. This can cause them to crack or fall off, while also wearing them down. Patients who deal with this condition are urged to use a mouth guard at night to protect their veneers and natural teeth from the damage caused by bruxism.
Patients in and around the Asheville area who believe porcelain veneers are the best solution for their smiles are welcome to contact the practice of Dr. Christopher Port. The Asheville Smile Center encourages new and existing patients to visit our state-of-the-art facility and educate themselves on the many ways our practice can dramatically transform the appearance and function of their smiles.
Back to Benefits of Porcelain Veneers Home Page
- Fronts for Teeth Hendersonville - Using porcelain veneers for covering the fronts of teeth for Hendersonville area patients
- How Do Veneers Work for Teeth Hendersonville - Hendersonville area patients ask, “How do veneers work for teeth?”
- How Long Do Veneers Last Asheville - Asheville area dentist answers the question, “How long do veneers last?”
- Porcelain Veneer Asheville - Should you consider a porcelain veneer in Asheville?
- Porcelain Veneers Price Asheville - The benefits of porcelain veneers exceed the price when you work with your Asheville cosmetic dentist
- Tooth Veneers Hendersonville - Your Hendersonville area dentist can help you love your smile with tooth veneers
- Dental Porcelain Veneers Arden - Options for Arden's dental enhancement - porcelain veneers and more
| Back to Porcelain Veneers Home Page