The benefits of porcelain veneers exceed the price when you work with your Asheville cosmetic dentist
Most of us are concerned about our overall appearance, as we live in a time when aesthetics can make or break deals ranging from professional to personal. Recent studies indicate that a high percentage of people find an attractive smile to be an invaluable social and professional asset, and believe that the appearance of teeth can impact everything from dating opportunities to professional success. If you are looking for the right kind of cosmetic treatment to improve your smile, you will find that porcelain veneers
more than make up for their initial price
. In our Asheville
practice, this is a popular form of smile enhancement for a number of reasons.
Dentists have used veneers for many years, covering a wide variety of cosmetic dental issues like cracks, gaps, or chips. Veneers come in a few different materials, designed into thin sheets that fit over a tooth or teeth. Today, many patients opt for porcelain veneers over composite materials, due to the fact that the latter has properties more like those of natural enamel and creates the kind of smile that looks like it has been with you since birth. Porcelain is not only translucent, like enamel, and capable of reflecting light, but it is also able to resist stains far better than our natural teeth can.
Receiving porcelain veneers in our Asheville practice is convenient and comfortable, with only two visits needed to complete the process. Before making any physical preparations, we will thoroughly discuss your specific concerns and smile desires so that the most suitable treatment plan is devised. If only one tooth is to be treated with a porcelain veneer, then the procedure might be perfectly complemented by teeth whitening, so that the entire smile is brightened.
During the preparatory visit for porcelain veneers, the teeth to be treated are modified to accommodate the thickness of the veneer. This step involves the removal of a slight amount of enamel. Most patients tolerate this step quite well, but we can provide local anesthetic if discomfort occurs. After the teeth have been prepared, an impression is taken for the lab to use as a guide in the fabrication of veneers.
A week to ten days is needed for veneers to be completed, during which time teeth may feel slightly sensitive, which should resolve once the veneers are in place. Before attaching the veneers, the teeth are etched and polished, and each veneer is carefully assessed for shape, size, and color. Once acceptable, the veneers are placed and cured with a specialized light.
Beauty always has a price. The smile enhancement that comes from porcelain veneers creates the kind of long-lasting results you are looking for.
Contact us to schedule your consultation for cosmetic dentistry.
Back to Benefits of Porcelain Veneers Home Page
- Fronts for Teeth Hendersonville - Using porcelain veneers for covering the fronts of teeth for Hendersonville area patients
- How Do Veneers Work for Teeth Hendersonville - Hendersonville area patients ask, “How do veneers work for teeth?”
- How Long Do Veneers Last Asheville - Asheville area dentist answers the question, “How long do veneers last?”
- Porcelain Veneer Asheville - Should you consider a porcelain veneer in Asheville?
- Porcelain Veneers Price Asheville - The benefits of porcelain veneers exceed the price when you work with your Asheville cosmetic dentist
- Tooth Veneers Hendersonville - Your Hendersonville area dentist can help you love your smile with tooth veneers
- Dental Porcelain Veneers Arden - Options for Arden's dental enhancement - porcelain veneers and more
| Back to Porcelain Veneers Home Page