Porcelain veneers are a form of cosmetic dentistry. They are great because they allow dentists to transform teeth that may look unattractive, worn out, or have had years of wear and tear. Veneers can make teeth look younger and bring back their natural beauty.
Veneers are thin shells of porcelain that are made to cover up a patient's tooth. The veneer is cemented onto the tooth after the tooth has been prepped. Preparation for veneers involves some minor filing of the tooth's enamel in order to allow it to fit tightly and properly to the existing natural tooth. Veneers look natural and provide a great option when an individual wants to achieve a beautiful smile without looking as though they have had extensive restorations done. In as little as two appointments, porcelain veneers can be made and placed for our patients. They will often last approximately ten years or longer with the proper care and maintenance.
Veneers are great for a variety of situations, including those in which the patient may have broken teeth in the front of their smile, chipped or cracked teeth, or want to cover old fillings that were used in their teeth from previous cavities. Fillings can make it look as though a person has something stuck in-between their teeth when they do not, so this can be a source of contention and embarrassment for many. Porcelain veneers allows us to fix that. Additionally, porcelain veneers can also be used to help with mildly crooked or crowded teeth, spaces, and alignment positioning. We can also address the length and size of a tooth as well by using veneers.
If you are unhappy with your smile, call Dr. Port to schedule a consultation appointment and find out what he can do to help increase your confidence and beautify your smile!
- Broken Veneer Arden NC - Can your broken tooth be repaired with a lifelike veneer from your Arden, NC dentist?
- Crack Filling Hendersonville NC - Patients in Hendersonville, NC learn what to do when there is a crack in a dental filling
- Are Veneers Worth It NC - Dental team in Arden, NC explains why veneers are worth it
- Do Veneers Hurt Hendersonville - Patients in Hendersonville ask, "Do veneers hurt?"
- Porcelain Dental Veneers Hendersonville - Porcelain dental veneers solve a variety of problems for Hendersonville area patients
- Teeth Porcelain Veneers Asheville - Both sides of treating teeth with porcelain veneers at our Asheville practice