Dental Implants and Benefits in Asheville NC
Tooth loss can be devastating. It impacts the appearance and function of your smile. Aesthetically, you are left with a gap from the missing tooth. Functionally, eating and speaking problems may occur, your teeth may shift, or you may experience bone loss. With dental implants, those problems are a thing of the past. For patients near Asheville, NC, Dr. Christopher Port and his team at Asheville Smile Center offer implants to restore a smile diminished by tooth loss.
Benefits of dental implants
An implant is a post or cylinder that replaces the unseen portion of a tooth. Made of titanium, implants are a sturdy restoration. They provide support for dental restorations such as crowns or dentures. Functionally, dental implants mimic the tooth root to stimulate and protect the jawbone. Benefits of implants include:
- A single tooth or multiple teeth can be effectively replaced using dental implants.
- Crowns, bridges, and dentures only replace the visible tooth. Implants replace the root. Without a tooth root or implant in place, the jawbone begins to deteriorate. Implants maintain the health of the bone.
- Implants are positioned in a way that gives added security yet functions and feels like a natural tooth.
- Implants have abutments and can be attached to crowns or dentures. When topped with dental restorations, implants restore the function and appearance of a natural smile. Patients can eat, speak, and smile naturally.
- With proper care, implants can last a lifetime.
The dental implant process
Tooth loss is devastating but your smile is not impaired forever. From start to finish, the dental implant process does take a few months. Once patients have adequate bone structure to support the implant, the implant can be positioned to replace the missing tooth. The bone and gums are given time to heal around the implant. When healed, the abutment and restoration are placed. The end result is a beautiful complete smile.
The team at Asheville Smile Center is available to help you maintain your smile. If you are in need of general, cosmetic, or restorative care, contact our office to schedule an appointment. You belong here. 828 585 4049Back to Dental Implants Page