Orthodontists near Asheville, NC cannot dispute the value of Invisalign
At Asheville Smile Center, we believe that personal service achieves the best results. If you would like a straighter, healthier smile, consult with us about Invisalign.
Historically, orthodontic care meant wearing metal brackets and wires on teeth for well over a year. Some patients even had additional components in the form of colorful rubber bands, which would attach to metal brackets to encourage a specific type of movement.
For adults who would like to correct misalignment, this image of orthodontic care is unappealing. Adults teens seeking treatment for misalignment today are fortunate to have more options than ever before. At Asheville Smile Center, many cases can be successfully completed with the Invisalign system.
Some people refer to Invisalign as clear braces. This is only partially accurate. Technically, clear braces are brackets and wires that are colored to blend into the smile. This form of treatment still poses certain disadvantages and risks. Because Invisalign requires only that you wear custom-fit aligners throughout your course of treatment, you experience benefits that you can’t get with braces:
- Aligners are smooth and they fit right against your teeth. This leads to the most discreet appearance as you improve your oral health and smile.
- Nothing is cemented to your teeth. Oral hygiene can be completed without obstacles, and you can continue to enjoy eating whatever you like.
- By having the ability to brush and floss your teeth freely, you are able to maintain optimal oral health throughout treatment.
- The absence of brackets also means that there are no sharp edges that could catch on your lip or cheek, causing discomfort.
- Follow-up visits take place less frequently and do not involve tightening appliances. The Invisalign treatment involves switching aligner trays every two weeks. Over several months, you will move through your prescribed series of aligners, seeing your smile improve along the way.
At Asheville Smile Center, we understand that you have a number of experienced orthodontists in the Arden area to choose as your care provider. However, when you want an alternative to metal or tooth-colored braces, Invisalign makes sense. See how easy it can be to achieve your dental goals, call our office at 828 585 4049.Back to Invisalign Page