Types of dental bridges for Hendersonville area patients
Dental bridges are a desirable way for patients in the Hendersonville area to achieve a better smile after tooth loss. Dr. Christopher Port of the Asheville Smile Center may suggest bridges for patients who want a fixed solution that is less expensive than dental implants. Dental implants and dentures are also ways patients can repair their smile, but there is no "one size fits all solution." Patients who consider dental bridges may ask their dentist about the various types available.
There are many different types of dental bridges.
The traditional bridge uses teeth on each side of the space to support the restoration. These teeth are prepared with the removal of enamel to allow the bridge to be bonded into place. The bridge rests on these teeth and holds the pontic (false tooth) in-between to restore function and aesthetics.
With a cantilever bridge, only one crown is used to create the bridge and is fused to a pontic. These types of bridges are not recommended for replacing teeth near the back of the mouth, as they are not as strong. However, there are times when cantilever bridges may be suggested.
Maryland Bonded Bridges
A Maryland bonded bridge uses a pontic with "wings" that are smaller and less invasive than a traditional crown. These are bonded into place for support but reduce the amount of tooth structure removed, allowing patients to keep their surrounding tooth structure in place and avoid reducing the strength of the adjacent teeth.
Removable bridges are more often known as a partial denture. These use a metal framework to snap into place within the dental arch using the surrounding teeth for support. The false tooth slides into place within the dental arch. Patients can remove these restorations to clean them as well as the natural teeth and gums.
Bridges can be a great way for individuals to repair a smile after tooth loss, and Dr. Christopher Port of the Asheville Smile Center will help individuals determine when they may be the best method of treatment.
Back to Types of Dental Bridges Home Page
- Teeth Bridge Asheville - A seamless smile that includes a beautiful bridge is easy with your dentist in Asheville
- Tooth Bridge Hendersonville - Differences in a tooth crown and bridge from your dentist near Hendersonville
- Dental Bridges Types Hendersonville - Types of dental bridges for Hendersonville area patients
- Bridge Dental Work Hendersonville - Hendersonville area dentist describes dental bridges and explains how they work
- Dental Bridge Replacement Arden - Why Arden area patients may consider a dental bridge for replacement of a missing tooth
- Dental Bridges vs Partials Arden - Arden area dentist describes the different between dental bridges vs partial dentures
- North Carolina Tooth Bridge - Dental team in North Carolina explains how a bridge replaces a tooth
| Back to Crowns and Bridges Home Page