Your Hendersonville area dentist can help you love your smile with tooth veneers
There is, perhaps, no cosmetic dentistry treatment that can heighten the look of your smile as quickly and dramatically as porcelain veneers. Dental veneers are made from various materials, but none look as much like natural enamel as porcelain. This substance is slightly translucent, shiny, and stain resistant, making it an excellent choice for a smile enhancing effect that lasts for years. If you are looking for a solution to resistant stains, chips, fractures, or poor tooth shape, Asheville Smile Center can help. We create custom, precise tooth veneers for patients from Hendersonville and surrounding areas.
In choosing the right cosmetic treatment to accomplish your goals, it is helpful to understand the details of available options.
- To accommodate placement of porcelain veneers, a small amount (.5mm) of surface enamel is removed from the teeth. Due to this preparatory step, porcelain veneers are permanent enhancements that cannot be reversed. Veneers are long-lasting with good care, but may need to be replaced at some point.
- Surface enamel is removed with a dental drill. To ensure full comfort throughout the process, the Doctor may apply local numbing medication, much like when a filling is placed.
- After teeth have been prepared, a mold is sent to our dental laboratory, where the veneers are crafted of high quality porcelain. During this time (about two weeks) teeth may feel somewhat sensitive to variations in temperature due to the change in enamel thickness. Once veneers have been bonded into place, this sensitivity will gradually diminish.
- Porcelain veneers are very durable, and resist stains. Normal biting and chewing should not impact the positioning or strength of veneers. However, we recommend that biting with a twist be avoided, as the tensile strength of veneers is not as high as natural teeth. Veneers will last longer, as well, if biting hard objects like pen caps is avoided.
Dental veneers are easy to care for, requiring no more than standard oral hygiene and six-month visits with your dentist. Brushing can be done with a soft-bristled toothbrush and non-abrasive toothpaste so that the porcelain isn't scratched. Flossing is also an important habit to maintain. Remember, there are natural teeth behind porcelain veneers. Caring for them properly decreases risk of cavities and gum disease, and keeps the whole smile looking good.
Your smile can become all you want it to be. With the right treatment from your cosmetic dentist, you can love the look of your teeth.
Contact Asheville Smile Center for your cosmetic consultation.
Back to Benefits of Porcelain Veneers Home Page
- Fronts for Teeth Hendersonville - Using porcelain veneers for covering the fronts of teeth for Hendersonville area patients
- How Do Veneers Work for Teeth Hendersonville - Hendersonville area patients ask, “How do veneers work for teeth?”
- How Long Do Veneers Last Asheville - Asheville area dentist answers the question, “How long do veneers last?”
- Porcelain Veneer Asheville - Should you consider a porcelain veneer in Asheville?
- Porcelain Veneers Price Asheville - The benefits of porcelain veneers exceed the price when you work with your Asheville cosmetic dentist
- Tooth Veneers Hendersonville - Your Hendersonville area dentist can help you love your smile with tooth veneers
- Dental Porcelain Veneers Arden - Options for Arden's dental enhancement - porcelain veneers and more
| Back to Porcelain Veneers Home Page